Saturday, November 10, 2007

Dana's last word

We are enjoying our down time with our friends, and reflecting upon the last months. I always asked our kids what they liked best when we went on a trip, or they went on a field trip. Recently Grant asked that of me, and I just answered with what I had just seen, but I've been thinking about that for a couple of months. We have seen such a beautiful country !!! I'm amazed at the tremendous forces that have shaped our landscape-volcanoes,rivers,glaciers,wind and rain. I'm amazed at the amount of land that has been set aside for all people to enjoy, and I have developed a great respect for the American spirit. You can't look out at the ruts across the desert ,the tree stumps at Donner Pass, or the incredibly difficult mountain passes without realizing how perserverent our ancestors were.
And now for the last pictures from this great trip!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it really the end!! This became a daily habit for so long we are going to go back to reading the paper.

We miss you - but now no excuses - Tuscon sounds pretty darn good for a visit some time!

xxxooo
Jim and Joan

Unknown said...

I always asked my kids the same question!!

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.