Thursday, April 19, 2007

catching up and local color

Hi--it's the color commentator back again--we're doing very well w/ our adventure so far--cozy in our rv etc. Had a couple of turn-arounds that were challenging, but Bruce is backing this puppy up like a champ!!-----we're in the nicest campground of all--we back up to a trout stream--bubbling away just behind us--Buck Creek--and there are May Apples(wildflowers) going down to the creek--No swimming pools here--just swimming holes--must be fun in the heat of the summer--we took route 80 up into the mts. yesterday--fun for Bruce--white knuckle--again- for me--once up to the Blue Ridge parkway I'm ok. On the way up we passed MORE trailer parks and trout farms and ponds. (another different culture--living in your rv, w/ a roof over it--decks, jungle gyms,patios all set--for the season or forever)
Now there are about 25 rvs in this campground, but only about 4 people here right now--we are ALONE, but we have cable tv!! Last night I was thinking "Deliverance" but I shook it out of my head--I think.-----You could ALMOST get me to stay in a place like this--so beautiful.

O.k.--I'll try pix again-----------------------------------------------------Bye--Dana

No comments: