Monday, June 4, 2007

apologies and pix(I hope)

Hi All--It's me again--Bruce has kept you posted, but now some "girlie" things. First off, sorry no pictures lately--busy,busy, and we've been in VERY SLOW reception areas. I'll try now, and see what happens--I'll be catching up since Graceland.
It's been fun observing the terrain as we drive. I hate to tell these other states, but sections of a lot of them look like "Joisey" to me. At this point Bruce and I have seen all 5 Great Lakes--not all this trip. The views here have been serene, different, and beautiful--We're in a rain pattern, so this is certainly a different view of the lakes. It's an area known for lilacs--taller than I've seen before. Saw yellow lady slippers, and a bird never seen before--the American Bittern--about the size of a wild turkey hen on long legs.
The marshes and swamps are also beautiful--flowering hummocks in the midst of the water--"ghost forests"--areas where the marsh has overtaken the forest and left dead, bleached trees standing for acres--neat.
Hope the weather clears because we have at least 3-4 more days to explore Michigan--ta-ta-Dana

2 comments:

Grant Salmon said...

Nice pics. I really like the arch shot.

Anonymous said...

I loved the sunset photos (and the nature.. flowers) and wished we were there too. Did you go over to the Island? Remember that movie with Chris Reeves and Jane Seymour filmed there? (Till the End of Time?) Anyway, bet you could have done without the mosquitoes though.